We have originated a wide range of learning materials that we make available to our clients and the participants who attend our learning events. Below is a collection of materials and guides that are indicative of the areas we cover; we are pleased to share these with you - please click those of interest to request your copies.
Books dispatched for £15 within the UK; outside the UK we can supply a price on request.
Managers are constantly expected to make decisions fully understanding the financial consequence. In the absence of formal training few people are prepared for the responsibilities of dealing with management reports, budgets and capital proposals, and find themselves embarrassed by their lack of understanding. This book is a practical guide to understanding and managing financial responsibilities.
This definitive guide to creating business models is now in its third edition and is widely used to evaluate opportunities ranging from a modest business proposal through to a major project.
The credit crunch has highlighted to businesses the importance of cash management, as those firms which ran short of cash discovered when they found themselves in trouble or even went bust. This tightly written guide clearly explains the six critical aspects of the effective management of cash and cash flow.
- Financial Fundamentals
- Product Costing
- Performance Measures
- Business Case Development
- Business Modelling
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Strategy Fundamentals
- Supply Chain Management
Blog series - Guide to Business Modelling
- Business Modelling - An introduction
- Business Modelling - Model structure and range names
- Business Modelling - Creating, storing and exploring scenarios
- Business Modelling - Valuation and the need for Monte Carlo analysis
- Business Modelling - An introduction to Macros to automate functions
- Business Modelling - An introduction to Visual Basic to develop sophisticated routines
- Business Modelling - Monte Carlo analysis
- Business Modelling - Monte Carlo with normally distributed and skewed ranges
- Business Modelling - Dependency ranking
- Business Modelling - Tornado diagrams
- Business Modelling - Splash screen to welcome users
- Business Modelling - Tips, tricks, short cuts and clever things you may not know Excel can do
Blog series - Working with Macros and Visual Basic Series
- Visual Basic - An introduction
- Visual Basic - Getting started with Macros
- Visual Basic - Building a print Macro
- Visual Basic - Creating user interfaces
- Visual Basic - Active X Controls
- Visual Basic - Interacting with spreadsheets
- Visual Basic - Writing code
- Visual Basic - A front end to a model
- Visual Basic - User entry and Scroll bars
- Visual Basic - Interacting with other spreadsheets
What we do
Enable managers from all disciplines to make improved business decisions with a clearer understanding of their financial impact on the business.
Reconcile the needs of your markets to your resources, in a changing world, to determine the direction and scope needed to achieve success for your organisation and meet the needs of your stakeholders.
The key to understanding your business propositions is to construct business models; only by developing assumptions, applying scenarios and testing options can the real value be explored and evaluated.
Equip your people with the skills and techniques to identify and deliver market leading products or services that are fully aligned to changing customer needs.
Enable your people to apply best practice as they plan, source, make and deliver your products and therefore provide your business with greater flexibility, reduced costs and improved availability.
Develop a virtual reality representation of YOUR business to facilitate real strategic choices; or alternatively develop a tailored, interactive simulation for teams within a competitive environment to obtain real-world business understanding.